Join this fun, life-changing after-school program for girls.
Girls on the Run uses the power of running to help prepare girls for a lifetime of self-respect and healthy living. Through interactive activities such as running, playing games, and discussing important issues, participants learn how to celebrate being girls. The 10 week program focuses on building self-esteem and improving emotional and physical health. The girls are empowered with a greater sense of self-awareness, a sense of achievement and a foundation in team building to help them become strong, content and self-confident women.
About The Program
- Meets twice a week for 90 minutes
- Girls on the Run for grades 3 to 5
- Girls on Track for grades 6 to 8
- Each session led by trained volunteer coaches
- Group participates in a 5k running/walking event
- Fall Season: September – December; Spring Season: March – May
- Registration Fee: $140 YMCA Members; $165 Non Members
(FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE IS AVAILABLE)
If you would like to volunteer or coach, get more information on the program, or to bring Girls on the Run to your school, please contact
Joy Zdebski at firstname.lastname@example.org or Nate Robinson at email@example.com
Girls on the Run of Chester County is an Affiliate Council of Girls on the Run International, which has a network of over 200 councils across the United States and Canada.
Click here to visit the Girls on the Run shop. To ensure all sales qualify for the merchandise rebate program, enter council code PA-2-197.